The Ability to Change Someone


This Ideology of Changing Someone Is Real in Our World Today


Just the existence of the idea is real but the idea is really a myth.
We don't have the ability to change people.  Sometimes we possess a God complex (a behavioral trait which produces the feeling to be someone's Savior or Redeemer).  This is seen a lot in relationships in both female and male partners when we have a "need-to-be-needed" complex.

We Are Not, Nor Can We Ever Be, God to Someone.


The power to change must come from within the individual.
I tried to change someone I cared about in life before and it did not work.  My persistent efforts did not work because the individual did not have a desire to change.  It resulted in me feeling down (sick).
My hope for change made me sick because I keep seeking something that never materialized. 
A friend told me "Don't mistake myself for God in anyone's life". I got the message; look for desire in someone and work with it, if you really want to help. 
So my Scripture Reading this morning is taken from Proverbs 13:12 which says "Hope deferred maketh the heart sick:  but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.

Please share your thoughts and comments. I promise to respond.

Stay Blessed, Stay Focused

Connect with me; 
Emailtraininganchor2017@gmail.com  
FacebookJai Life Skills and Developmental Services Ltd
TwitterChrisAMitchell2 
Linkedin:CA Mitchell
Credits: Header image - Pixabay.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping It Real - with Dr. Chris Mitchell

Your Greatest Battle - Dr. Chris Mitchell

Nugget From My Past - Dr. Chris Mitchell